If I remember correctly last year I ranted on about St.Patrick's Day.. and green beer.. But I don't really remember my point.. I am hoping it wasn't that it's a stupid holiday and I am boycotting it. If that were the case then, yes, I would be a hypocrite.
Tomorrow we're having a potluck; something green or Irish. It's not so much because I love the holiday. It's more because I love to cook and eat good food. Any excuse is a good excuse.
However me being anal about details.. I am trying to find traditional Irish fare. Only problem is that I don't like stew. I actually dispise stew. I also am not a huge fan of cabbage. So I'll have to adapt. Maybe take the American skew on it with corned beef... I found a good salad to make! Or I could just put out the green food coloring and add it to anything I decide to make. Oh decisions.
I have been incredibly busy with school... only 3 weeks left of classes. Then onto another practicum. I feel the end coming near. Which is exciting and stressful considering all the assignment deadlines. I am slowly realizing how much work there is in being a teacher, especially with my personality. Some people are okay with just reading texts and answering questions, studying then testing. That is not me at all. I am all about hands on, experiental learning. So there is a lot of creativity and planning involved. Which is actually called WORK.
On a side note I started a quilt! My friend is teaching me. I am so excited about it. I've always wanted a homemade quilt. The thought of me making my own is really exciting. So stay tuned to progress pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment