Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's TAX time

I am still fortunate enough to love this time of year. I am a student, I bought RRSP's, we moved, donated a bit and apparently laser hair removal is a medical write off... so hopefully Quick Tax was right and we're getting almost 6 g's back! I feel rich... sorry for those who have to pay... I just can't contain my excitement!

So now we have some unexpected money... I figured we'd get $1500-2000 back. Even that I was undecided what to do with it.

So there are a few options;

1) Save it... maybe TFSA or RRSP
2) Spend it... maybe a nice little trip or well that's basically what I'd spend it on
3) Invest it... I guess an RRSP is an investment but w/e.. We also were thinking about buying a cheap house... fix it up.. and either resell it or rent it
4) Pay off debt... ugh I don't like that idea!

So we some options... of course we'll wait until we actually have cash in hand.

I like the idea of making more money on our money and I know it's hard in this 'economic crisis' for a lot of people.. but to me it seems like a good time to invest or buy a cheap property.

On another note.. I am packing to head to Winnipeg tonight. We're going to a Winter Education Camp in the Whiteshell. The weather is suppose to be great so I am excited!

Also the province approved funding for us to run a mini-u this summer so I don't have to look for a summer job! Not only do we get to facilitate it, we get to run it!

I better finishing packing...

No comments: