We are so incredibly lucky to live in stability. My boy's biggest worry right now is whether or not his shirt has long or short sleeves (I am not lying). And yet there are children all over this world living in poverty, danger and crisis. So what can we do?
Well I can't change the world. But I can be kind. So I made a point of doing things for others. I baked some pies for Elders, I donated some used clothes, I sent some mom some grocery money for her and her toddler and you know what? It made my heart less sad. It made me feel like we have so much power to do good. And who knows how those small kind gestures impacted others, really it doesn't even matter.
I also participated in a project a friend's baby wearing group in York was spearheading. Basically they are collecting ring slings or carriers to bring to Germany to distribute in the Syrian Refugee Camps. I asked my babywearing community for donations and collected 9 ring slings/pouches. I offered to ship them to York. I donated a couple of my own. It's not easy donating things you love. But it felt good.


No comments:
Post a Comment