Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good Morning to me

I have managed to get up early every morning this week. It's not even that bad considering I've been doing it for the past 2 years. It feels different because I don't have to go to work for 8 hrs. I am enjoying having a coffee in the morning that doesn't come from drive-thru at Starbucks.

School is going great. It is exactly what I hoped it would be. I have 5 classes - Intro to Teaching, Language Arts, Applied Math, Aboriginal Perspectives & Teaching Children and Youth. My instructors are very qualified - Master's , Ph.D's and Ph.D student. It's only the first week but so far I love it and am very happy that we uprooted and moved here.

Davide is adjusting. He's a little lonely. It won't be long until he has a ton of friends and busy all the time. Last night he went back into work to help a guy a work on his car, so he's making friends. It's not that he doesn't already have some friends but it's still an adjustment. Not to mention living with his inlaws, which by the way is going well. He also has to adjust to the slower pace at work. It's funny because he was tired of being the only guy in the shop and running around like crazy, but now he's overwhelmed by the amount of staff and understimulated with the type of work he's doing. I am optmistic that it will turn around in no time!

I'm getting ready for TONs of company this weekend. I'm excited to see almost all my family. Davide's sister and brother inlaw are coming but not his parents. So I am coming home today to make up to batches of lasagna for supper tomorrow. Then I am making carrot cake sandwich cookies, zucchini chocolate cupcakes and a ton of other things for the pig roast on Saturday.

And Stephen Harper called an election. I am not impressed by his arrogance but I love politics. I also love that I can vote so here we go!

1 comment:

Guider Carmen said...

I glad things are working out for you!

My new riding is running a new NDP candidate (Jim Maloway) now that Bill Blakey retired and the PC has thrown in Thomas Steen as a candidate. I told Wade that I would listen to his reasoning as to why I should vote PC but Thomas Steen? Really? I heard him on the radio earlier this week and was not impressed. Just didn't have a political presence yet. We'll see.

Nikki Aston running again in your riding?