Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I have an idea & I want you to come!

Even though I am a pretty busy lady I am not too busy to plan a trip. This wouldn't be any old trip it would be an opportunity of a life time and want people to join me!
I was talking to some friends from school the other day and we're talking about taking a trip when we graduate. Then I suggested we go somewhere to volunteer like build a school in Africa. I was half serious when I said it but now if I could get a group together I'd love to go.
The organization stems from Free the Children. It appears to be a really good organization and it's not too expensive between $3500-$4000 to go. But because it's a non-profit charitable organization you can fundraise. I'd like to go when I graduate which is in 16months so that is a ton of time to fundraise.
Anyways check it out!
http://www.metowe.com/trips/adult/

Trip highlights
Community development: Build a school, teach children, or plant trees
Cultural education: Walk through local villages, study Swahili
Leadership training: Get intensive and interactive leadership training
Environmental education: Learn in hands-on workshops with local experts
Safari adventures: Explore the Mara and Kenya’s coastal beaches

2 comments:

Guider Carmen said...

I'm interested but what kind of fundraising are you thinking of since I'm not in The Pas

Marcia said...

I had 3 ideas... 1)Social 2)Set up at the Farmer's Market.. sell veggies, jams, baking and whatever I sew 3) Karma Kupcakes... sell them either at bakesale or make an arrangement with Marg to sell them once a week at Lyets...

So those were my ideas... I don't know how you can fundraise with me.. but I am open to ideas!