Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Infamous August

I have always had a love hate relationship with August. I love the weather, it starts to cool down in the evenings but still warm and breezy during the day, gardens are in full bloom, blueberries are ready, its a beautiful month before Fall comes. Now as much as I love season changes, August is bitter sweet because it means summer is over, it means I have to go back to school. For the majority of my life this has been the routine. As a student then a college student now as a teacher.

For obvious reasons this year August is even more bittersweet. I have to return to work after a year off and Mateo starts daycare. Rather than sob about it, I have decided August is just going to be the best month yet with Mateo.

I remember a year ago, after a long day of breastfeeding, longing for Mateo to be older. I thought, next summer will be so much fun we'll do so much together. So rather than looking back at my stupid self for wishing away a precious newborn, I am going to do exactly that. 

The Mosquitos have dissipated and the sun has cooled so no more excuses!

 
                       Petting Zoo

                      Making Friends

                       Eating Dirt

                  Loving the bonfire

                      Happy Camper

                           Lake Life
                      Country Boy

                       Taste Test 

What better place than to sleep on moms lap while we drive home on the quad?


1 comment:

Guider Carmen said...

I love the last picture...all pictures are great. I kick myself too when I think of what I could do with Charlie when she's older rather then just enjoying the short time she is so small.