It's Wednesday but feels like Monday but really I'm closer to Thursday (end of my week). I had a pleasant long weekend.
Friday I had class in the afternoon which I don't normally have but it was a make up class. So a bunch of us from class went to the Legion. Yes the Legion; cheap beer and good company. After a few too many rounds we went to the curling rink lounge. Yes the curling rink; again cheap booze and good company. It was nice to get more with the guys from school.
Saturday Mom, Davide, Debbie and I went to Flin Flon. We did some shopping. It was such a beautiful drive. There was frost on the trees and ice creeping out onto the lakes, with the sun shining. I bought the Martha Stewart holiday magazine and am now too excited about homemade gifts. I also got the rest of the stuff for the Brownies to make our Rockstar tree for Festival of Trees. In the evening we went with some friends to a dinner and comedy show. It was actually really good. I was impressed with the comedians they brought in. Later we stopped by the bar but I was too tired to stay up with everyone so I called it an early night at 12:30am.
Sunday was a beautiful day. I went to the springs with my dad. Later did homework then watched my shows.
Monday I decided to stay home to do homework. I got a lot of reading done. And a lot of dog walking. It was a good day off.
Tuesday I marched in the parade with the Brownies. Then had some hot dogs. The day started out nice but ended with a freezing rain. So I spent the afternoon curled up on the couch reading and napping. Later on I braved the roads to meet up with Andrea for homework.
So all in all my long weekend was good. It wasn't too eventful but I kept busy. Which will continue for the next week in a half. I have 15 lessons plans, an integrated lesson plan and 2 portfolios to complete! But then I am in the classroom for 4 weeks. After that it's 2 weeks of holidays.
I am so excited that I am actually getting holidays around Christmas this year. I haven't had Christmas off in 5 years. That's too much for me! I'll start subbing at the schools in January but until then I'm going to enjoying the student life (even if Davide disagrees).
Time for school :)
No comments:
Post a Comment