Monday, June 18, 2012

First Day of Maternity Leave

So after some convincing, I decided to take a couple weeks off before the baby comes. I initially was just going to stay until the end and hope that my water didn't break and I go into labour early in front of everyone. But after an exhausting May and first part of June, I took off my cap and opted to take a rest. In all honesty I finished my marking on Wednesday and have no planning for next year, so I felt like I would be more productive here. Not too mention I had enough sick time to take the next 2 weeks off and not have to start my mat leave benefits early.

But yes, back to being productive. I say that word lightly. I have been productive but not as productive as I would like to be. Quite frankly I am becoming less and less mobile and able to do even the smallest tasks, IE weeding flower beds. However all the pregnancy books say you'll start to "nest" in your third trimester. I thought no way in hell will this be true for me. I live to find excuses to do nothing. Being 38 weeks pregnant should be reason enough, but no I have this strange energy and urgency to clean and prep. It's like it's instinctual. It's amazing what your body will do for you.

Anyway I have kept busy today...

- made lunch/did dishes/cleaned out old leftovers in the fridge (most hated job)
- took all the garbage/compost out
- washed/folded/put away laundry (put away is key)
- cleaned generously donated baby stuff that's been collecting a lot of dust in the garage
- cleaned bedding/dusted bedroom/cleaned floors

And now I am trying to ignore the massive heartburn that is the bain of my existence and was hoping to find some updated blogs to entertain me. Well sadly that did not happen. However before I blogged about how I was disappointed I thought I better put something out there, just so I am not being a hypocrite.

1 comment:

EricaRW said...

Sorry for not producing any entertainment for you! :p

Good to hear things are going well. I have a list of the blogs I read on one of my pages if you're still bored.