Don't get me wrong I love weddings, even though I say I hate them. I usually say I hate them but once I get into the groove I love them.
I love all the celebrations and festivities. Although they are a lot of work, hence why I am glad to only be in one bridal party. I can't imagine being in a few. There is so much to do, some fun like getting your nails, make up and hair done. But some isn't so fun, running around looking for misplaced things, keeping the bride calm and on track, or having to say a speech!
But mostly I just like seeing happy people. I love how weddings bring people together. As much as I avoid public displays of affection (not just making out on park benches with my husband), weddings are acceptable times to express emotions and frankly cry like a baby!
I am sure I have softened over the years. I used to only cry in the privacy of my own home watching Oprah Winfrey or dark movie theatres. Now apparently crying in front of a couple hundred people seems to be my thing!
I am beginning to embrace it. So I look forward to the next wedding.




No comments:
Post a Comment