Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


It finally feels like Christmas around here. We had been so busy that we didn't get our tree up until this weekend then Graeme and Olivia decorated but didn't check the lights before hand so when they went turn the lights on half were burnt out. So yesterday we fixed and now it looks like Christmas!

I finished my sister's gift. We decided this year to make each other something homemade then use the money we would use for the gift and have a little spa day. I always intend to do homemade gifts but I never organize my time well so it rarely turns out. Who knows maybe next year it will be a completely homemade Christmas?

It's not like it couldn't be done. We're all very creative and able. We all have different strengths I think it would be really interesting to see what we all come up with. We tried last year to do paintings to exchange but only my mom and I came through :( I did get a nice painting out of it but everyone else forgot or just got too busy.

The year before I made everyone toques and had good intentions of making scarves to match that didn't happen either. Granted every year I make a ton of food for parties and meals and bake a ton of dainties, cookies and fudge. So I don't feel that bad.

Anyways I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday! I hope the weather doesn't interfere too much with travel plans. For some reason we've had beautiful weather here in The Pas. But that could be because we're use to -30 all the time. I am just happy to see the sun!

No comments: