Sunday, December 21, 2008

Proud little baker..

I just made up my own recipe and they are delicious. I made blueberry/cream cheese turnovers. I know I didn't invent the concept but I perfected it! I have been busy all morning. 1st meatballs, then nanaimo squares and I just finished the blueberry turnovers. I have to run to town for some more ingredients then I'll finish my bacon/feta turnovers, mushroom turnovers and cookies. My parents went to visit my grandma so my plan is to 'wow' them with all my baking when they get home.

Yesterday Mom, Olivia and I made perogies. So Christmas dinners will be delicious! I have so many recipes for appetizers that I am going to try out. I'm trying to get all the 'freezable' stuff done today so I have a few days to finish my crafty gifts.

I'm so happy to finally be on holidays. They started out good. Thursday was my last day of practicum. We had a Christmas party and I made reindeer cupcakes which were a huge hit. Then I went to their Christmas concert in the evening and played Cranium with all the kids until it was there time to perform. They did a little skit and an elf dance and were so good!

Friday I volunteered to help out with the community feast that the Opaswayak Ed. Authority puts on. It was a lot of fun. I am going to miss the kids a lot. But I promised that I'd come back after the new year to bring them cupcakes for their bake sale. Later on we went to the Meat Draws... came home empty handed but I think we've won a lot lately so I can't complain.

Saturday I spend the morning making perogies. Then in the afternoon ran a few errands and got ready for Davide's x-mas staff party. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to attend one with more then 8 ppl (don't get me wrong they were fun too). Davide won a leather jacket. And surprisingly we didn't get the shittiest gifts in the gift exchange. They played it differently where you really didn't have a chose what you got which was fun. But we ended up with one of the gifts we bought and a bottle of sour puss..... much better then my pine view reality paraphernalia.

On a side note I don't understand why people buy such shitty gifts for secret santas/gift exchanges. Is it really that hard to buy a $10 or $20 gift that isn't crap? See I don't think it is because I never bring crappy gifts. Even if the gift isn't the persons style they are nice enough they could re gift to someone who would appreciate it. But no some people buy stupid stuff. I know it's not about the what you recieved yadda yadda but really where is the spirit of giving if you're going to buy some a pillow fish wrapped in cellophane on styrofoam, hair dryer, or a candle with nuts and bolts? Gift exchanges are not mandatory so there really isn't any pressure to buy something if you can't afford it..... oh well.

I hope the weather warms up just a tad so I can actually go outside with the dogs. Poor Mala hops around switching up feet because she's frozen. She loves going for walks but I can't hardly get her out the door in -40 and I don't blame her.

Speaking of taking her out it's about that time again!

1 comment:

Guider Carmen said...

You should make them little booties so they aren't cold on their walks!

I baked all weekend too. :)